Thursday, October 7, 2010

DIscrimination - the key word of the century is over, but new projects will start




The 10 days of the project have passed, the project is over, all the activities planned done and a few extra also. Many friendships have been initiated and hopefully will go stronger in time. A lot of future projects have been discussed and its only up to us from now on to make a difference and to act, not only plan.

The first days after the project were really sad as people started to arrive home, back to their daily lives, away from all the other 35 people that they had around for 10 days. I must confessed I shared the feeling, but I am confident that this will only motivate people to keep their word and respect their promises of futures projects and initiatives.

For many of the participants this was their first Youth in Action Exchange and I'm happy that I was the one to facilitate this experience and give them a taste of what an youth exchange is all about. I really hope that the objectives of raising awareness on discrimination were reached and all of the participants will try to make a difference in their community.

For My Child My Heart Association this project was a starting point of many projects to follow and I would like to thank all of the people that trusted us to get the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment